The Sales Manager is responsible for helping to achieve American Cannabis LLC beverage sales and distribution goals by identifying potential distribution and production partners, vetting leads, setting up meetings and establishing partnerships. The Manager will also be responsible for executing distribution and promotion programs as well as overseeing a sales support team in their assigned region.
American Cannabis LLC is launching a new cannabis beverage in multiple states. We are looking for the next great member of our team.
– Identifying cannabis processing/production partners in states that allow medicinal and/or recreational marijuana. Potential leads must meet the established requirements.
– Vetting and securing the processing partners. Involves travel for in-person meetings.
– Identifying cannabis distribution partners in states that allow medicinal and/or recreational marijuana.
– Participating in daily team meetings, following the sales strategies outlined by management, and bringing insight and ideas to the process.
Dispensary/Distributor Management Responsibilities
– Responsible for managing relationships with the processing partners in specific territory.
– Responsible for managing relationships with the distribution partners in specific territory.
– Accountable for the implementation of approved business plans and tactics in specific territory.
– Oversee sales support team, including training sales representatives on the product and positioning, executing marketing plans, and creating goals and incentive programs.
– Oversee marketing and retail strategy for new product launches, in-store events, line extensions and incentive programs.
– Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; good listening skills; and strong group presentation skills.
– Understanding of, and ability to perform, basic trade math as a part of doing business in a “fact-based” selling culture.
– Understanding of medicinal and recreational cannabis laws and up-to-date on the latest regulations.
– Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; attention to details; effective time management; set goals and objectives.
– Highly self-motivated and ability to work both traditional business hours as well as non-traditional business hours including, at times, nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
– Must be available for overnight travel for crew drives, meetings, trainings, and occasional weekend events.
Required Education and/or Experience:
A minimum of 3 years job experience in beverage sales and account management or the equivalent in the medicinal or recreational cannabis industry.